Vancouver, Washington, a city steeped in history and natural beauty, is a hidden gem in the Pacific Northwest. As the fourth largest city in the state, Vancouver boasts a perfect balance of urban amenities, suburban charm, and abundant outdoor recreation opportunities. Its close proximity to Portland, Oregon, the Columbia River Gorge, and the Cascade Mountains make it an ideal location for those seeking to enjoy the best of the Pacific Northwest. If you're considering a move to the area, this comprehensive guide will provide you with essential information on the housing market, schools, attractions, and neighborhoods that make Vancouver a fantastic place to call home.
Housing Market and Homes for Sale:
Vancouver's housing market is diverse, offering a variety of options to suit every taste and budget. From charming historic homes to modern condos, and from waterfront properties to tight-knit neighborhoods, there's something for everyone. The median home price in Vancouver is around $405,000, making it a competitive market in the Pacific Northwest.
Some popular neighborhoods in Vancouver include:
- Fisher's Landing: Located in the southeast part of Vancouver, Fisher's Landing is a sought-after neighborhood offering both single-family homes and townhouses. Known for its family-friendly environment, excellent schools, and convenient access to shopping centers and parks, Fisher's Landing is an ideal place to raise a family.
- Felida: This picturesque suburban area, located in the northwest part of Vancouver, offers a variety of housing options, including single-family homes and luxury properties. With easy access to top-rated schools, parks, and trails, Felida is perfect for those seeking a peaceful, family-friendly environment.
- Downtown Vancouver: For urban dwellers, Downtown Vancouver offers condos, townhouses, and lofts, many of which boast stunning views of the Columbia River. Residents of this area enjoy easy access to shopping, dining, and cultural attractions.
- Camas: Situated to the east of Vancouver, Camas is known for its beautiful homes, top-notch schools, and abundant outdoor recreation opportunities. The city offers a mix of charming older homes and new developments, making it an attractive option for families and professionals alike.
- Hazel Dell: Located north of Downtown Vancouver, Hazel Dell is a growing suburban community with a mix of housing options, including single-family homes, townhouses, and apartments. The area is known for its family-friendly atmosphere, convenient shopping centers, and easy access to the I-5 corridor.
- Cascade Park: This well-established neighborhood in east Vancouver offers a range of housing options, from affordable starter homes to luxurious properties. With parks, shopping centers, and highly-rated schools nearby, Cascade Park is a popular choice for families and professionals.
- Hough: This historic neighborhood in west Vancouver offers charming older homes, tree-lined streets, and a strong sense of community. With its close proximity to downtown, Hough is an excellent option for those who want to enjoy the urban lifestyle while living in a tight-knit neighborhood.
Explore Cities Around SW Washington
Vancouver and Portland trust Prism Lending Partners with their loan applications to get a competitive rate and have a great experience. We actively work with you to ensure that you are able to purchase the house that you desire.
Our local presence means that we are accessible and knowledgable about the SW Washington and Portland Metro area.
When you need a local mortgage company to be with you during the process, call us.
Competitive mortgage rates for borrowers in Vancouver, Portland, Camas, Battle Group, and all of SW Washington means that you get a competitive rate. Want to know how we do it? Call Us.
Find the loan that's right for you.
Our team will help you find the right loan for you at the right time. We offer products and have an understanding of the market at all phases of the real estate cycle. We are committed to guiding you through selecting a loan and will help you reach your personal and financial goals with transparency and professionalism.
FHA home loans are mortgages which are insured by the Federal Housing Administration (FHA), allowing borrowers to get low mortgage rates with a minimal down payment.
The most common type of loan option, the traditional fixed-rate mortgage includes monthly principal and interest payments which never change during the loan’s lifetime.
Low Down Payment
Loans where the borrower is able to wrap many of the costs and closing costs into the loan, lowering the amount needed to close.